Dr Giovanni Cuminetti, cardiologist in Brussels, has been practising medicine since 2011 and works in the capital since 2016. After graduating from medical school, he specialised in cardiology at the University of Brescia (Summa cum Laude) with a thesis on the diagnosis and percutaneous treatment of aortic stenosis.
Many international experiences have contributed to his training, including a Research Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology in the Netherlands (2015-2016), a Clinical Fellowship in Non-invasive Cardiology in Mexico (2010) and a US High School Diploma (2004). He is the author of several peer-reviewed scientific publications and maintains continuing education through regular participation in national and international conferences.
His academic background
- 2012 - 2016: University and Civil Hospital of Brescia (Italy), Department of Cardiology and Thoracic Surgery, specialisation degree in Cardiovascular Diseases - Summa cum laude;
- 2015 - 2016: Maastricht University Medical Center (The Netherlands), Unit of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery - Department of Cardiovascular Research, Research Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology;
- 2005 - 2011: University of Brescia (Italy), degree in Medicine and Surgery, Doctor of Medicine (MD);
- 2009 - 2012: University and Civil Hospital of Brescia (Italy), Department of Cardiology, internship in Clinical and Experimental Cardiology;
- 2010: Civil Hospital "Fray Antonio Alcalde", University of Guadalajara (Jalisco, Mexico), Department of Cardiology, Clinical Clerkship in Non-Invasive Cardiology.
His professional affiliations
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC);
- European Association CardioVascular Imaging (EACVI);
- Belgian Working Group of Non Invasive Cardiology Imaging (BWGNICI) - Board Member;
- Belgian Society of Cardiology (BSC);
- Young Cardiologist Club (YCC) of the Belgian Society of Cardiology.
For more information, please contact Dr. Cuminetti's practice (located at the Eurocare Medical Centre in Brussels) by phone or e-mail. Would you rather make an appointment with your cardiologist? You can book it online on the page provided for this purpose.